Ask the Butcher
Something you need to know about meat?
Ask our team of expert butchers for an answer.
- Q. Do you have lamb sweetbreads in stock (either fresh or frozen)?A. We certainly do! You can either order direct through the website or give us a call at the shop - 01467 621212.|
- Q. Where is the Jurassic steak cut from?A. The Jurassic steak comes from a muscle that's not recognised as a steak cut. Only after careful butchery and our extra ageing process do we produce this tender deluxe steak that took the overall "Best Steak in Scotland" at the 2012 Q Guild BBQ Championships. It's Gooood!|
- Q. What is the best way to cook your Jurassic meatA. The Jurassic Steak is best cooked as you would any other steak. I personally recommend cooking in a frying pan or a hot griddle pan to a core temperature of 50°C then allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing diagonally and finally seasoning with salt & cracked black pepper. Enjoy!|
- Q. Do you do vacuum packed ordersA. The majority of our products will come vacuum packed when sent via mail order. The exceptions include our pie range.|
- Q. i currently live in manchester,my wife is flying to aberdeen this weekend.my dad was a village butcher in eyemouth.one of my memories is of sweetbreasts(lamb) i entered sweetbreads on the internet and your name came up.can you confirm that you will have them available in your dobbies outlet this coming sunday,24th.A. Hi there - if you email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know exactly how much you require and I will ensure they are set aside for you at Dobbies. This is a very popular product and I wouldn't want you to be disappointed because they are all sold out! Thanks, Susan|
“Full Boar” Pork Pies
Butteries / Rowies
Pork Belly, Bone In, Skin On
Beef Short Ribs
Pork Loin Tower
Handmade Medium Beef Steak Pie
Davidsons Handmade Haggis