Thai Lamb Curry
If preferred use a jar of prepared Thai green curry sauce.
- 75g/1½lb lean boneless lamb leg, shoulder or neck fillet, cut into 2.5cm (1inch) cubes
- 15ml/1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 x 400g can coconut milk
- For the Green Curry Paste:
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 green or red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp coriander seeds, finely crushed
- 2 fresh lemon grass stalks (available at all good supermarkets), finely sliced
- Large handful fresh coriander leaves
- Large handful fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower oil
- Extra sliced chillies, spring onions or fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Place all the curry paste ingredients except the garnish into a blender and blend together until smooth.
Transfer to a large bowl, add the lamb mix to combine with the paste. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and add the lamb and curry paste. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes until the meat is tender.
Add the coconut milk and simmer for a further 5-7 minutes.
Garnish with sliced chillies, spring onions or extra coriander leaves and serve with plain basmati rice and wilted spinach leaves
Images courtesy of AHDB.