Kansas City Steak with Flaming Mayonnaise
- 2 lean bone-in sirloin steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp Dijon or English mustard
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- For the Flaming Mayonnaise:*
- 75ml/5tbsp half or reduced fat mayonnaise
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Prep Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 6 mins
To prepare the flaming mayonnaise; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together, cover and chill in the fridge until required.
Heat a griddle pan over a moderate heat, or alternatively heat a prepared barbecue.
In a small bowl mix together the mustard and oil. Season the steaks and brush with the mustard oil on both sides.
Cook the steaks according to your preference. Remove the steaks from the pan or barbecue and transfer to a plate.
Serve the steaks with the flaming mayonnaise and sauté onions and potatoes.
Flat iron steaks work well in this recipe too. Use the cooking times below: Rare -2 minutes on each side Medium Rare - 3-4 minutes on each side Medium - 5-7 minutes on each side. Transfer the steaks to a warm plate, cover with foil and rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.