Sticky Steaks with Noodles
- 4 lean rib eye or sirloin steaks
- For the Marinade:
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 60ml/4tbsp clear honey or maple syrup
- 5ml/1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Finely shredded carrots and spring onions, to garnish
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 17 mins
Place the steaks in a shallow dish. Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour half the mixture over the steaks, reserving the remainder.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator one hour, turning once.
Remove the steaks from the marinade (discard the marinade) and cook under a preheated moderate grill to the preferred cooking time.
Meanwhile, heat the reserved marinade in a small pan.
Garnish the steaks with the carrots and spring onions on a bed of egg noodles tossed in sesame oil, wilted baby spinach and red chicory leaves.
Drizzle with the heated marinade mix before serving.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk