Grilled Lamb Chops with Warm Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad
Do try these lamb chops grilled and topped with a spiced butter made with paprika, ground coriander and fresh herbs. Serve with a delicious but trendy cauliflower and quinoa salad.
- 4-6 lean lamb chops or French trimmed cutlets
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Spiced Butter:
- 50g/2oz butter, softened
- 5ml/1tsp sweet paprika
- 2.5ml/½tsp ground coriander
- Small handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint
- For the Salad:
- 175g/6oz cauliflower, cut into small florets or pieces
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 100g/4oz quinoa, rinsed in cold water
- 600ml/1 pint good, hot vegetable stock
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar
- 15ml/1tbsp runny honey
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
To prepare the spiced butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together. Form the butter into a sausage shape, wrap in cling film or foil and set aside in a cool place.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7, 220°C, 425°F. Put the cauliflower, the lemon zest and oil in large non-stick roasting tray, season, toss gently and roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Cook the quinoa in the stock for 12-15 minutes. Drain in a sieve and set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, place the chops on a chopping board and season with salt and pepper. Cook under a preheated moderate grill for 12-16 minutes, turning once.
Transfer the chops to a warm plate and top with a disc of the flavoured butter.
Put the roasted cauliflower in a bowl with the quinoa, add the remaining salad ingredients, toss gently and serve with the chops.
Images courtesy of AHDB.