Ribeye Bruschetta with Beetroot and Lemon Mayonnaise
Light supper or weekend lunch. Rib eye steaks grilled or barbecued and served with toasted ciabatta with a beetroot and lemon mayonnaise.
- 4 lean rib-eye steaks
- 60ml/4tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 30ml/2tbsp basil or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small ciabatta loaf, sliced
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half lengthways
- Extra olive oil, for drizzling
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 x 100g bag salad leaves
- Beetroot and Lemon Mayonnaise:
- 120ml/8tbsp reduce calorie mayonnaise
- 2 small cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), peeled and finely chopped
- 60ml/4tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 16 mins
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
Medium: 4 minutes on each side
Well: 6 minutes on each side
Prepare the beetroot and lemon mayonnaise, place the ingredients into a large bowl, season, mix together and chill until required.
In a shallow bowl mix together the thyme leaves, basil or olive oil and seasoning. Coat the steaks on both sides with the mixture and set aside.
Place the ciabatta slices on a clean chopping board and rub on both sides with the garlic. Drizzle with the extra olive oil.
Lightly toast the slices, turning once on a prepared barbecue or hot dry griddle pan for 1-2 minutes.
Cook the steaks on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill to the preferred cooking time. Remove from the heat, squeeze over the lime juice and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
Transfer the bread slices onto 4 warmed plates and spread with a little of the mayonnaise. Garnish with a few salad leaves. Slice the steaks and arrange over the salad leaves and finish with a spoonful of mayonnaise.